Tomatoes are here, and you know what that means! Tomato sandwiches, tomato sauce, Caprese salad, and homemade fresh salsa! At our store and at our tent at Hub City Farmers’ Market you can grab yourself a kit where we have the freshest tomatoes, peppers, and onions to make your own! Here’s how:
- Just chop up all your veggies.
- Toss together with a little acid (lemon juice, lime juice, apple cider vinegar, or white vinegar; or a combination!).
- Add salt and pepper to taste; you may even want just a smidge of something sweet like local honey.
- You can also add cilantro, but of course it isn’t in season around here right now.
- If you prefer a smoother (rather than chunky) salsa, just zip a stick blender through your veggies.
And there you go! This is a really simple recipe but so delicious! Serve with chips, put it on your tacos, chili, eggs, or wherever!
Our Fresh Salsa Kit is only $8!